According to Robert M. Hochheiser, author of It’s A Job, Not A Jail, burnout is reaching epidemic proportions among North American workers today. Many people experience work as drudgery and their jobs as painfully empty. A “soulless” workday can leave people feeling drained and “used up,” with little desire to return to that job the next day.It’s not so much that something has gone wrong with us but rather that there have been fundamental changes in the workplace and the nature of our jobs.In this workshop, we will discuss the causes and effects of job burnout, and strategies for dealing with it. Participants will have an opportunity to assess individual burnout levels and explore strategies for combating job burnout.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Identify cause(s) and effect(s) of job burnout.
- Assess individual burnout.
- Identify the connection between stress level and feelings of burnout.
- Implement strategies for dealing with job burnout.
During this workshop, participants will have an opportunity to:
- Participate in group discussions
- Join small group activities
- Complete an individual assessment
- Complete an individual action plan
Previous attendees of this workshop have commented that it was a fun, uplifting, informational day away from the job!
We are conveniently located in Upper Marlboro, Maryland, in Prince Georges County and can host your small-group training programs here or we can come to you anywhere in the Mid-Atlantic region.